Alsina Phenolic Plywood
Alsina’s plywood board is made completely with birch wood having following the strictest quality controls. Its structure is made up of birch sheets glued to each other and protected on the outside faces with a phenolic film covering. The final assembly provides a stable, clean and resistant surface for our formwork systems.
- Made with 100% birch sheet, hardwood, very stable and resistant.
- The ratio between the weight and the resistance of the board is very balanced compared to other surfaces such as the sheet metal and also allows nailing and updating of the lining as many times as necessary.
- The inside of the board is constructed with laminated plates of birch so that they alternate the direction of fiber.
- The birch sheets are joined (glued) with phenolic glue that is water resistant, which prevents humidity entering the board.
- Some of the plywood boards have a special constructive system, with the three first sheets of each face placed lengthwise, providing greater resistance to bending.
- The finish of the phenolic surface is made with phenolic film of Kraft paper of 220 grs/m2 on both sides, giving it a shiny finish, which provides a good quality finish to the concrete.
- The perimetral sealing of the board prevents humidity entering through the edges.
For the manufacture, we took advantage of the fact that wood is a renewable resource, biodegradable, recyclable and does not pollute the environment. The birch wood, which is used for the sheets that make up the phenolic resin-coated plywood board, comes from forests with controlled logging.
The plywood board is formed by a series of wood counterlaid layers, glued and pressed together.This type of manufacturing, together with the phenolic layer on their outside faces, makes the phenolic board resistant, light and insulated against humidity. The number of internal layers will increase according to the thickness of the board.
The phenolic board, unlike sheet metal, does not dent, rust or leave marks on the concrete; it produces an excellent fair-faced concrete finish. Depending on it is treated by the workers on site, the number of times it can be reused can be increased considerably and with this, its cost-effectiveness is increased.